Monday, July 21, 2003

I am working in my office right now and to be completely honest, it is lonely being the only one here. I work with 7 other people at a youth ministry in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Usually, this place is teeming with people, but recently it has been void of any life. Two people no longer work here (I sorely miss them both), three work in a different office now, but same job, and everyone else is gone. I realize how much I enjoy working with people. It's not that I necessarily need to interact with other people, but just having the background noise seems to help me get my work done and to be creative. It's amazing how hard wired we are for interaction and for other people.

I realize now that my childhood dream of being a forest ranger would not have suited me well. Seems like weeks of isolation would have been a poor career move. No wonder why so many crazy people live in the wilderness alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home