Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Last night my wife and I bought a book on Celtic daily prayers. It is a really cool book. There is a community of believers who live in northern England. It is interesting that their commitment is to live with authenticity before God and others. They also try and balance living a monastic life of contemplation with living a missional life of ministry to others. I have been having some trouble praying lately, so I think this book will help me with direction. It feels wierd when you don't have anything to say to God. It is not as if God is silent, but I am. You know when you meet a friend from a long time ago and you were once really close, but now you don't have a single thing to say to them. That is the awkwardness I feel in prayer right now. My first instinct is to grab my guitar and sings songs to God because it is better than the silence, maybe that's my problem. I am far more comfortable with activity than silence. I am dependant on praise songs for connecting to the Father. Isn't it amazing how dependant we get on the specific modes of communication with God. I guess I can see why so many older people do not want to change how they worship or pray, maybe they are spiritual co-dependants. I would venture to say that we all are spiritually co-dependant in some way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home