Thursday, July 24, 2003

I have today off today. I work part time at a church and am not going to school this summer so I usually end up working more hours at the church than they are paying me for (which is ok with me). When I actually do take time off I don't know what to do with myself. Usually, I just go to Best Buy and play the video games, which is probably what I'll do today. It's too hot to go play frisbee golf. What I'm getting at is that I don't understand is why I feel uncomfortable being away from my job, as if I'm going to miss a stupid phone call or something.

It's a hard thing to see yourself apart from your career, especially when you feel like your career is a calling. Maybe that is what I am uncomfortable with. What God has made me to be is not my career. I am His child. I am uniquely Kevin.

Maybe that's it or maybe I just need a babysitter to come hang out with me while my wife is at work.

I just noticed that maybe is a funny looking word...Maybe...maybe...wierd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home