Friday, October 24, 2003

National Youth Worker's Convention

Right now our two full time staff people are in Charlotte, North Carolina at the National Youth Workers Convention. I am pretty jealous of them. Somebody's got to hold down the fort, so I guess that is me.

I'll be honest. I feel left out. I feel like my boss get's more vacations and more time off than I do and I am only part time. Sometimes I feel like I cover for him a lot more than I should. Sometimes I don't feel appreciated.
There I said it.

On the other hand I am wrestling with wanting to be a blessing to the other people on staff. I want to be a servant. I know God has called me to look not to my own interests, but to the interests of others. I know I am being completely selfish, and I hate it. The thing is that Jesus gave His life up for us. He wasn't appreciated either.

God, change this heart in me. Transform me by the renewing of my mind. I ask for your Spirit to fill me. Lord, when I want to serve you, my selfish ways hinder me. I cry out for my rights and for recognition, but you have called me to selflessly serve without seeking recognition. That is what you rebuked the Pharisees for doing. Father, stop me from showy religion that seeks my own glory. Stop me from a life bent on man's approval. My reward will be on earth if I follow my pride. I want your approval. I want you to have the glory. Thank you for loving me despite my sinfulness. Thank you that Christ points the way of life you desire to see in me.

In Christ's name,
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home