Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Purpose Driven Life

This week our church started the Purpose Driven Campaign. I am teaching three weeks in our couples class and four weeks in middle school. I've been reading the book and to be completely honest, I'm not that impressed. Maybe it's because my heart is hardened. Maybe it is because I am reading about 8 other spiritual books for seminary. Maybe it's because I already truly know these truths in my life.

I feel frustrated that everyone else seems to get so much out of this book and I seem not get anything. It seems to me that the benefit of the Purpose campaign is to get everyone on the same page without having to push it from the pulpit. It let's people discover the truth of God for themselves. I am grateful that God will work in the lives of the people, I just wish I was one of them.

On other news, I heard that a friend of mine is getting a divorce. He was a strong leader in our youth ministry when I was in high school. He had worked in youth ministry for a while. It came out that his wife had been cheating on him. I can't imagine what he must be going through. Please pray for him. My heart aches for the sins inside the church. You wonder why Christ isn't being exalted among the nations? I have a guess.

Father, please change the selfish hearts of believers who care more about their own comfort than for your will. Protect me and my family from falling into the trap and lies of Satan. Protect the church from sin that causes relationships to crumble and eliminates our witness to the world. We need your Spirit, Father! Without Him we are sunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home