Monday, November 17, 2003

This weekend
I have two weeks off from school so today I am officially on vacation. I really want to get a lot of work done these two weeks, but so far I am not doing a great job (that is why I am on the computer right now instead of reading).

Yesterday my wife and actually got to go to our main church service together. It's been about three months or more since we have been able to do so. There are few things I enjoy better than to be able to sing praises to God alongside my wife. Whether I stand next to her, hold her hand or when she puts her hand on my shoulder, there is something about worshipping with her that makes God feel so much more there. Maybe it's because she manifests God's presence in my life. Maybe it's the connection we have. Whatever the reason, it is a holy, joyful thing!

We also had a middle school sleepover on Saturday night. It was a really great time. I see our students coming together and becoming comfortable with each other. In the past this has been the turning point in a small group. That is when I start to see some things happen spiritually. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for these guys. I can see that they have the potential for being great men of God.

Lord, Jesus
I pray that you would grab ahold of the hearts of these young men. Lead them and capture their lives. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home