Thursday, May 05, 2005

End of an Era

So last night was my last wednesday with our kids. I remembered early on that day that this was my sixth year working with middle schoolers. That means six years of wednesdays. Six years of silly games and gross foods and sweaty bodies. I have so enjoyed my time here. Some special things happened last night that I will never forget. First, my small group had a party for me and one of them made me a Hawaiian shirt cake. Also, there was a me look-alike contest, so a ton of kids showed up wearing the aloha shirts.

It was also the last time for me to speak, which was emotional. I got choked up when I shared with them that I believed in them and was proud of them. As I looked at the crowd of students I saw so many faces that I have watched grow over the years. I count it a privelege that God allows me to watch His work in the lives of students. Thanks to all who made the last six years a wonderful, wild ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home