Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Coming Back From Cali

So this weekend was great. I enjoyed the time away from the stressful thoughts in my life. I also learned a few things while I was there:
I really miss So. Cali. I realize that I feel at home there, much more so than I ever do in Texas. I know that I will probably never get to live there again (too much money$$$$), and that makes me a little sad on the inside.
  1. I miss living in Cali. I feel at home there much more than I ever do in Texas (though I love Texas). I know I will probably never live in Cali again (too expensive) and that makes me sad.
  2. The Valkrie Disc by Innova is one of the best disc golf drivers on the market. Straight and Smooth all the way.
  3. I am akward going to bars (Don't worry, no public debauchery). I feel out of place and they are way too expensive.
  4. I love hanging out with my wife.
  5. I secretly enjoy it when my nephew calls me Aunt Kevin
  6. I have mixed my job and my identity too much. I am a child of God first, husband second, friend and family member fourth, youth pastor fifth, then some other stuff. I love working with students, but my worth does not come from the job. I have been reading a book lately that says that one result of the Fall (Genesis 3) was that we seek to find worth in other people's opinions. God made us to find our worth in what God has to say about us. That is the struggle.
  7. There is nothing better than a bun taco.
  8. I can't wait to get back on the lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home