Friday, April 22, 2005

"And the lonely voice of youth cries, 'What is truth?'"

That is a line from a song by the late great Johnny Cash. I think that question is still valid today. I hear from adults that teenagers today don't believe in truth any more. They are relativistic, being tossed around by a sea of changing ideas.

What if the issue isn't how sinful and unbelieving this generation is? What if the issue is that we have not given them something to believe in? We haven't listened to the longings of their heart and proclaimed the power of the resurrected Christ to fill those longings. The older I get the fewer items of certainty I have in my pocket, but those things that are left I hold with greater intensity than ever.

My hands hold closely to the trinitarian Godhead: Father, Son and Spirit. I grip with intensity the resurrected Christ and the cross He bore. I weep for joy with the thought of God's unwavering pursuit to redeem the whole of Creation. My meaning comes from He that knows me best.

Truth=Meaning+Significance

Truth is for all and affects all. Love, sacrifice, redemption, reconciliation, and relationship. These are my truths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home