Monday, July 25, 2005

Mission Trip Recap

So, I am still trying to recooperate from last weeks trip. We took 14 high school students to a camp that serves kids with disabilities. I must say that I am super impressed with our kids. They changed diapers, gave showers, fed and cared for these campers much like Jesus would have done. I also really enjoyed having the time to get to know the students on a deeper level. It is weeks like this that make ministry a thrill for me. I see teens take on the yoke of Jesus and follow Him with their lives. I was truly humbled by this experience.

Personally, this was my first trip to be the guy in charge. I was really nervous beforehand because I hadn't been the head guy before. It really felt good to be responsible and to be the one to encourage and strenthen my students. I finally feel like I have taken on the pastor role here, and that is such a blessing for me.

I will share my experience with one camper. His name was Que. We bonded during the week. Though he was twelve, he could easily pass for seven. He couldn't walk or speak very well. One night around a campfire, Que took ahold of my hand and gave it a kiss. It melted my heart. I think I experienced one of those times when I caught a glimpse of what God experiences when we give Him our love and affection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home