Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Self-Interested

Last night I was invited to a special party. My nephew is turning 4 this monday. Now you may think me a jerk for saying this, but I am dissappointed about the party. Not that I don't love my nephew, my brother or anything like that. The deal is there has been a lake party planned for weeks and now I can't go. If you know anything about me, you'll understand how much I love being on the lake. Whether being dragged behind a boat or just cruising, my home is on the water. Having to turn that down is killing me. It is especially painful this time because I have had to refuse the last few invitations due to prior engagements. It seems like the $300 wakeboard I got for Christmas will barely get wet this summer.

So, I admit that I am selfish and my heart would much rather do what I want instead of driving a total of four hours to see my nephew that I never see. I am a jerk. This reveals to me that I am indeed in need of God's grace in my life. Save me Jesus from myself.

PS. Although I don't want to I am going to the party and I will be glad I did. I will love seeing my brother and nephews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home