Saturday, May 14, 2005

So much has happened this week it's hard to know where to begin. First, Wednesday was my first time with the new group. Things went really well. We had a praise and worship night. I am so impressed by the spiritual depth of some of these students. Depth mixed with craziness at times. Earlier that evening I was landblasted by a few dozen water balloons (a nice welcome don't you think?). I actually expect to be hazed frequently over the next few months and years. It will be pay back for all the times I toyed with my youth pastor.

The craziness came when just before we were about to start I walked outside only to find one of my leadership students on the roof ready to rollerblade off. My first thought was, "I am going to get fired on my first day." Then I kinda froze. We coaxed him off the roof and before I knew it a parent wisked him away to meet with the executive pastor and elder board who ripped him a new one. I should have handled the situation myself, but I was still shell shocked to be honest. It was a great wake up call about me being the one in charge of these students.

After that it was time for a vacation. Actually the wife and I had been planning a little get away, but decided to do a non-vacation. So we stayed in town and did all the cool stuff we don't normally do. Went to the zoo (saw a monkey play with himself), went to the mall and played video games at Gameworks, and last night we saw a Cats (minor league baseball) game. It was great. Since it was friday the 13th and the Cats scored 13 runs they gave away $13,000 (not to us). Afterward, they had a great fireworks display. In all, it has been a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home