Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Paul
As I was reading through Philippians this morning I came across a passage that struck me. In chapter 1 Paul says that he doesn't care when people preach the Gospel out of impure motives. Paul simply rejoices in the fact that Christ was proclaimed. I got to be honest. I find this beyond me. Or to quote my friend Shane, "I'm not there yet." I find it so difficult to stand by and watch as people who live the Christian life out out of pride or selfish motives. How can Paul be this gracious? How can he be so open handed?

I think the reason is that Paul himself loved Jesus so much that any way the name of Jesus was being proclaimed was okay with him. That's not to say that any way is ok with God. Paul would say that it is up to God to be Judge.

I am praying that I would be much more concerned with the fame and glory of Jesus than about the people around me who, "aren't cutting it." I have to admit. "I'm not there yet." But I want to be.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM , Blogger Josh McCasland said...

that is a tough one. i dont know if Paul would fit in to our little group if you know what I mean.

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Kevin said...

yeah, Paul would not be allowed in our group. We suck. The fact that we call it "our group" proves the point even further.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home