Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tennessee
We got back last night from our trip with the Aledo Choir. We had an awesome time. We saw Graceland (including Elvis' jumpsuits, plane and raquetball court). We rocked out at the Rock N Soul museum. We got yelled at by an elderly lady at Andrew Jackson's (the 7th US president) home. We raved in a hotel board room and jived on a river boat. We made fun of radio commercials at the Grand Ol Opry and clapped heartily at the country stars there. We ate BBQ at a saloon and crappy hamburgers at Rainforest Cafe. We watched tons of movies on the bus. I drooled over Johnny Cash memorabilia. We played around a statue of naked people and visited a life-sized replica of the parthenon. We laughed...a lot.
I really enjoyed my time with my new Aledo High School friends and the friends I already had. I really will try to make this a yearly event. My hope is that the relationships started on trips like these will allow for the Gospel to spread among my high school friends.
The next few weeks will be busy with spring break activities (guys/girls night out on thursday evening) website stuff, retreats and over hectic-ness.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM , Blogger redminister said...

sounds like you had a blast. still gotta watch walk the line. heard it was really good.

(-_-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home