Monday, January 23, 2006

So, after that whole comment fiasco, I have decided to keep the blog and moderate the comments. I'll approve them after I read them. Something I should have done the first time someone decided to get a potty mouth/typing finger.

So, we had small group this evening. One guy out of three showed up. It was cool though, this student has a real honest attitude toward his faith. He's not willing to let any question go unasked. I like that about him. He asked me why things seem pretty dead around the group. I realized that he was right. We haven't really gained a whole lot of momentum since coming back from Christmas.

While I am dissappointed, I must come to terms with the seasons of ministry. I am excited that we are gaining a few new younger volunteers. I think the added energy will help us out.

One thing I failed to mention was that this Friday night we had an all night prayer vigil. Nine of us gathered to pray. I was impressed that we actually made it through the evening. It was mostly our student leadership team (as to be expected). What joys my heart the most is that we are setting a pattern of prayer in our ministry. I may never have an Xbox in our youth room, but our students will know (hopefully) the importance of prayer in the life of a Christian. What is even better is that we experienced it in the context of community. It is times like these seeking the Lord that will fuel our students and ministry through the dry times.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Blogger redminister said...

amen to no xbox. we still have an xbox in our youth room, but we took out halo and now no one touches it. ahahahaha.

(-_-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home