Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fallen Comrade
This morning Dave Phillips passed away in a car crash. He was the high school pastor at Christ Chapel Bible Church. I didn't know him well, but knew of his love for Christ and for his students. I am sure this is a total shock to his family, students and his church family, so I won't try and come up with some pithy statements about how he will be missed or that he is in God's hands. This dude was extremely smart and has a very successful ministry, one that I will never be able to hold a candle to. To be honest, I have had feelings of jealousy toward him and his ministry because God was blessing it so much. Once again proving my own need for grace. I know that his ministry is extremely popular, but he still had a vision to draw teens into a deep love for the Savior. Not many student ministries can mix popular with deep.

I pray for the members of the CCBC body. I ask God to comfort them in their grief.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM , Blogger redminister said...

dude...that sucks...didn't know the roads were so icy in TX. =(

(-_-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home