Monday, August 25, 2003

Back to school

Tomorrow I start back in school. I'm excited but am reminded of the experiences of last semester. Being a commuter student to a campus over 40 miles away it was hard to build relationships with other students. I spent alot of time alone on campus. The few friends I did make graduated last semester. It was kinda hard. Ok, really hard, but it reminded me of my first semester at TCU where there was much loneliness to be had. I will be in a few introductory classes this semester and also have a youth ministry class, so I am hoping that I will be able to build some relationships with friends in those classes.

Another thing that has been wierd is that my pastor asked me to stop teaching at an alternative service we have that is geared for young adults. My primary focus is on middle school ministry, but I love teaching in different contexts. It has been a joy trying new things and being a little more real with a group of peers. I'll submit because he's my boss. I feel bad because the guy that is running the ministry is already working with no support. Teachers are hard to come by. I feel like this will really cut the legs from underneath him even more. We've already lost two good pastors lately, I don't want to lose another close brother in Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home