Friday, August 08, 2003

Last night at a worship service we sang a song (We Come to Praise You) that I hadn't heard since my high school youth group in Cali. It was one of my favorites in high school. Immediately I was taken back to my old youth room. I could feel my old friends around me and even the sights and smells were distinguishable. It was the closest thing to an out of body experience I've ever had. I wasn't freaked out or anything, I think God was giving me some peace in worship. I'm normally not a charismatic person. I am not against it, I've just never been blessed with experiencing worship that way. Last night reminded me that, just like most things in life, worship is is shaped by former experiences and revelations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home