Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Off to Denver!

Tomorrow, at the butt crack of dawn we leave for Denver. I am excited to have a chance to travel and rest. These past months have been a great time of ministry and growth, but they were also very busy. I've never been to Denver so I am looking forward to it. I'll be honest, have the pre-trip jitters. I'm not nervous, but very excited.

School went well this week. I actually ate lunch with a few guys from the youth ministry class on Tuesday! I know that sounds really dumb, but considering the fact that I usually eat alone, I was pretty stoked.

One of my prof's talked briefly about postmodernism in class. He said, "Postmodernism is nothing!" It stung pretty bad because I thought he would be someone who would be a little open on postmodernism and Christianity. It may seem that postmodernism stands for nothing, but I think that is mostly because it is still in the process of deconstructing the current situation.

Here are some things I know postmoderns are for:
1. Postmoderns are for community and relationships.
2. Postmoderns are for transcendence and mystery.
3. Postmoderns are for authenticity.
4. Postmoderns are for experience.

There are many more things postmoderns are for, but these are just a start. What are your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home