Saturday, December 27, 2003

The Low Down on Christmas

Well Christmas was a fruitful one. I did get a PS2 and plan on using some Christmas cash to buy a couple controllers and Simpson's road rage. I also got the LOTR two towers special edition. One of the coolest gifts was the Johnny Cash box set of unreleased material. In all over 5 disks of new (to the public) Cash songs.

Yesterday we went to San Diego. We went to Tijuana (a typical mexican border town) and though I was tempted to get my picture taken with a painted donkey I brought home nothing besides a belly full of tacos.

We had to wait in quite a long line to cross back into America. A number of times we'd see someone just walk right up and cut in line. There is something in all of us that brings us back to third grade that cries "injustice" whenever we see someone cut in line in front of us. We inherently know that it is wrong to cut in line. I found myself getting more outraged the more people cut. What's funny is that Tijuana is a very impoverished town and in all I was more angry about the 17 people that cut in line in front of us than about the thousands of starving kids. Upsetting isn't it. Oh well, just another evidence for our need of a savior.

Hope you all have a great day! I am off to eat at my favorite drive through mexican joint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home