Friday, January 02, 2004

Sicky

As I write this I am recovering from an episode of flu type symptoms. Yes, I spent most of New Years Eve and all of New Years Day sick as a dog. This has been my little holiday tradition this past year. Here's the breakdown. On Thanksgiving 2002 I had a bad sore throat instead of stuffing and turkey. On Christmas 2002, Santa brought me the flu and a night of restless sleep. In April 2003 the Easter Bunny delivered a wonderfully painful ear infection. This past Thanksgiving I had another helping of fever and chills. So sure enough New Years was a night of blankets and aspirin instead of streamers and count-downs.

What have I learned through all this? First, it is a great idea to ask for lots of medicine as gifts. More importantly I am learning how to deal with inconveniences. Inconveniences are those things in your life that prohibit you from doing what you want. They hold you back, make you late, and force you to wait to accomplish your plans. Being sick during the holidays is no fun, but I can use these "inconveniences" to learn patience. God calls all of us to be patient. We are to wait for God to answer our prayers. We are to be patient when we realize that becoming like Christ takes time. So, too, I can take what God gives me to learn to be patient during life's inconveniences and apply this patience to all areas of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home