Thursday, May 27, 2004

Bienvenidos a Padre
Well, my dad is coming in this afternoon for a whirlwind three days. He'll leave on Saturday afternoon. While here we will probably visit the house the 'rents purchased a few months ago (I shall hereby refer to said property as German occupied territory [G.O.T.] in honor of the nice German couple who are renting the place). Saturday morning we get to see my nephew play in a T-ball game. I am sure we'll squeeze in a game of bones (dominoes) or two. I am really looking forward to the time.

The past few years (since I left for college) have made the father son relationship strained at times, but things are much better. It's amazing how my father, who for a long time tried to convince me that youth ministry was not my calling, is now interested in my ministry. He asks questions and we even share in a theological conversation or two. I don't believe he knows Christ, so just having his support means the world to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home