Thursday, May 06, 2004

Middle School Silence
Last night our middle school group spent some time praying creatively. We used pictures cut from magazines to praise God. We used a map of the world to pray for missionaries. We used bead bracelets to remind us to pray for other people and we used sand boxes to confess our sins. What I cared about mostly was letting our students spend some time in silence. I was amazed how well they handled it. In fact, the comment that I heard the most afterwards was on how great it was to have some time of silence to focus on God. Even as one who loves the middle schooler, I often don't give them the credit they deserve. They, too, want to experience God. They, too, can handle deep spiritual practices. You just to be creative about it. Although I know I can sit back and think that it was MY creativity and ingenuity that gave these students a great experience, I must confess that the power isn't in the activity. The power is in the living God we serve. I am just so lucky that I get to see Him work in the lives of students. It makes all the hard work worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home