Monday, May 03, 2004

What a weekend!
We had a jam packed weekend. Friday night we decided to stay home and watch the major thunderstorms from our apartment. One of my favorite things to do with my wife is to watch thunderstorms in the dark. There is something primal about looking out the window at the terrible sight of lightning and rain. The sound of falling raindrops soothes my spirit and relaxes me intensely. Funny how weather can bring a sense of awe and wonder for our Creator.

Saturday I was up bright and early to help a friend move. He is the former high school pastor at the church and one of my most treasured friends. I guess helping him move brings me one step closer to the realization that he'll be gone soon and I'll have to make time with him a vacation instead of a regular occasion.

Saturday evening was spent glutting on lasagna and brownies with friends from church. The evening capped of joking about great films such as "Friday" and "I'm gonna get you sucka" (Thanks to BW).

Yesterday, woke up and taught at church, had a mission trip meeting, then a nap. Man oh man, naps are the best part of a Sunday afternoon. We later headed to Dallas with him and his wife. The gluttony was resumed at one of our favorite places. You can read more about it from my wife, who is a much better restaurant reviewer than me. Needless to say, I am still enjoying the satisfying taste of Latin American cuisine. He and his wife are moving soon to Vancouver for grad school. I will miss his thought provoking questions, quiet curiosity, heart warming hugs, and keen fashion sense (yes, his butt did look great in the expensive jeans). They have made our lives truly blessed. Thank you Robert and Michele! Keep following where the Lord is taking you.

Yeah, it was a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home