Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Stampede
Well, last week was the busiest week of my year. 60+ hours, 10-15 videos, 600 middle schoolers, and a serious lack of sleep. I always go into the week doubting the effectiveness of the week. I ask myself, "Is it worth all the work?" Usually I come to the conclusion that, yes it is worth all the work. I get to see middle school students praising God. I get to see the high schoolers that I worked with minister to the middle schoolers. I was encouraged seeing former students who have grown and are now leading young kids to Christ. You don't always see the fruit while working with middle schoolers, but my former students put fuel in my tank to keep going. This week I was reminded that I love what I do. I am blessed to watch God work the way He does. Even though last week was such a drainer I am feeling refreshed and optimistic about the rest of the summer.

Oh, by the way. My wife, a friend and I went to a Chinese-Mexican place on Sunday evening. As gross as that sounds I was actually impressed. I got chicken broccoli and shared some fajitas with my friend. So, maybe Chex-mex isn't such a bad idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home