Wednesday, July 07, 2004

An Exerpt from "If I only love Jesus"

I praise the blood of the Lamb
That is stronger
than my own sin-infested blood
and remolds me
into the image of God

-M. Basilea Schlink

Meditate on the idea that our very blood and DNA is infested by sin. Even if we were able to not conciously sin, our humanity would still be infected by sin. But Christ exchanges our blood for His. My wife suggested that sin is like a virus that has tainted our everything, not just our soul. Christ has redeemed humanity and God is in the process of reconciling all things to himself. One day, all will be as it should. We, as Christians should look to this day (the "Eschaton" as Burguis puts it) with longing not because we will be taken from this world, but because this world will finally be made new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home