Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Oklahoma...OK
So, I have been out of pocket for a while.  Sorry for the silence.  Last week our middle schoolers took a mission trip to Anadarko, OK.  The trip went well.  At first the group didn't want to work, but they really rose to the occasion.  I've observed a few things over the years while working with middle schoolers.  First, they are much more capable than we give them credit for.  They can lead, work hard, and be extremely creative.  Secondly, they still need someone to guide them, encourage them and work alongside them.  I love mission trips because you get to be with students all the time.  You get to observe how they work and how they react to a variety of situations.  I think the time of intensity opens so many doors to get into the lives of students like no other experience.  I think that is why monastaries were so popular for a long time.  On a mission trip the group forms a mini community that is serving with a purpose.  On some level it makes me want to take a group of 20 students and permanently live out in a foreign country...then again I don't like students that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home