Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hail to Jimmy

Recently I went to the Post Office to mail a package. As I walked into the building my heart sank. A long line with few workers. I always wondered why it is that the fewest postal employees seem to be working during the busiest time (I. E lunch hour). My disappointment soon waned as I watched Jimmy work. With courtesy and humor he handled customer after customer. First it was a man who didn't have an address on his envelope. Then it was the two TCU football players who didn't know why they weren't getting any mail. Each situation was handled with ease. When lesser men would have been condescending and curt, Jimmy was warm and attentive. Today my impression of postal workers has been elevated by the Jimmy the Super Mailman.

This incident once again confirms my own prejudices and biases when dealing with other people. Hopefully, I will learn from this event about the art of living gracefully in my own head. So I say, "Hail to you, Jimmy" Keep up the good work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home