Monday, February 21, 2005

Scared

Sometimes my soul runs down the dark corridor with failure breathing down my neck. Each turn is cramped and musty. Cobweb accusations brush my cheek. "You'll never make it." "Where is your faith." I flail my arms to break the steel strands before they choke me. Down the hallway I run. Faster. Faster. Looking over my shoulder is me as could be. Loveless, selfish, small, and stagnant. Glimpses of of the barren moonlight flicker in my pupils taunting the darkness within me. Each door is unlocked but I don't have the strength to turn the knob. The stench of dispair singes my nose hair. Then I see a smooth door. As I run I am pummeled by my insecurities. Finally, bruised and trembling, my hand stretches for the smooth door. I open it and outside I find the One who shatters the darkness. He takes me in His arms and gently rocks my nightmares away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home