Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New Home

This week the wifey and I have been moving into our new home slowly but surely this week. A car load here and there really adds up. Last night it was dishes, some decorations and a brand new lawn mower. After I put the mower together, I sat outside and watched as lightning illuminated the western sky just outside our door. It was calm, peaceful and oh so relaxing. I have missed the outdoors while living in our apartment. We never get a chance to just sit and watch the sunset. I felt God's grace fall on us right then and there. I was the better for it. Through the hubbub of moving and transfering all of our bills it was soothing to soak in the joy of having space. The cinched up belt around my soul finally let out huge sigh of relief. I am so joyed that the last step of our transition (job, school and house) is almost completed.

The last year or so has been so tough on us because there hasn't been a sense of stability. We knew we were leaving our church, but didn't know when. We were almost done with school. Looking back, it was God who gave us this past year to enjoy the present and gather strength for the next leg of our lives. Praise to the Holy One for He alone gives perfect gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home