Saturday, January 12, 2008

I am reading through 1 Samuel and the ashamed thing is that I am starting to identify with King Saul. First, Saul is waiting for Samuel to show up to bless a battle. When Samuel is late, Saul goes ahead and offers a sacrifice. What was so wrong with that. He wanted God's blessing on the battle and it looked like Samuel wasn't going to show. Honestly, I probably would have done the same thing.

I think the issue is that God had made it sure that we do things on His terms. Saul wanted to do things on his terms. I think I am the say way. Call it relevance, or personality or whatever. I do the same thing. "God, answer my prayer on my timeline." I prayed that basic thing this morning in bed. My heart is crooked because I STILL want God to cater to me, even if it is for the purpose of serving him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home