Friday, January 16, 2004

Ahhhh
Ok, so I am so overwhelmed by my course work already. I have a 300 page book to read on top of other class readings. All of which to say, I am kinda stressed already. This bothers me because I am only in my first week of class. I have to be reminded of Ps. 18:29 where David says, "With my God, I can leap over a wall" For David it God was helping him in battle. For me, God will keep me until the end of schooling...And beyond. Please keep me in your prayers, not so much that I get my work done, but that I wouldn't become so engrossed in all this study that my wife, friends and ministry become neglected.

In my eschatology class I have to read a book on the history end times prophecy. It is interesting how many people in Christian history have been willing to place the dominant leader of an era as the antichrist. There has been a strong following of people throughout history who view the world as a "Left Behind" series. Take this site for example. I am intrigued because my seminary has deep roots in prophecy. I don't know where I stand on the issue. My End Times professor has been quick to shy away from date setting and event watching. What we have learned is the Hebrew concept of the end times and how their cosmology should be considered if we want to accurately read scripture.

I think the main idea I get when I read scripture is that God is trying to reconcile all humanity to himself. Whether He does that through the advancement of the Gospel and Christian living or through catastrophic means I don't really care. The point is that one day God and all of His creation (man, animals and earth) will be as it should be...Perfect, holy, and beautiful. I see that the real reason for prophecy is to give Christians a hope that one day all things will be made right. When I hear of cloning and famines and wars and rampant sexuality and brutal killings it is easy to get discouraged, but God says that one day it will all be over and we will not cry or fear any more. More importantly we will be with Jesus. That is my hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home