Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Dreams

My friend Robert wrote this on his blog:
"Everywhere around me I see dreams, ideas, and inventions. Everything I see, hear, touch, taste, smell, feel, and use once existed as nothing more than a dream in the mind of some idealist at another time, another place. Clothes, food, architecture, telephones, fax-machines, email, automobiles, sidewalks, skyscrapers, governments . . . all of these things at one point or another simply were not, but someone along the way had the courage to dream and now, they simply are. I cannot go anywhere, cannot do anything, without walking on the back of what once was sacred - what was once someone else's dream: I am surrounded by realities that at one time were only dreams . . . "

My thoughts are as follows:
I always wonder what dreams I have that may someday be reality. I already feel the tug of "maturity" that is sucking the desire to dream away from me. I want to continue to reach high and reach big. Dreams keep us creative, they keep us alive. I think this is an essence of our Creator we have failed to capture in our theology. God is big on impossibilities. By that I mean He loves to work miracles with impossible situations. I believe God loves to work miracles. It is in His essence to blow the lid off our cenventional conceptions of time and space and possibilities. Maybe miracles are the continuation of God's creative abilities on earth...God's dreams if you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home