Wednesday, March 03, 2004

You can lead a horse to mars,

but you can't make it drink...cause the water is all dried up. Well, they (and when I say they I mean NASA) have found significant evidence of water on mars. This is such a significant event. Water on mars means life could have been on mars. Why aren't people more excited about this than they are? 500 years ago if someone were to suggest going to another planet and finding hospitable conditions for life, there would have been an uproar. Today, it's a big, fat YAWWWWWN!

As a Christian, I must ponder how the idea of life on other planets will affect my faith. If we find intelligent life, will those creatures have a soul as we know it? Will they have contact with God? Will they have a sin nature just like us? Will they need Jesus? How does that change my reading of Genesis? These questions are far beyond me.

My guess is that unless the Lord returns soon. We will find life on other planets. Maybe just a few microbes here and there. After all, if we find conditions that could have been suitable for life right next door, who know what lies in the Galaxy?Suddenly I feel so small and insignificant. Suddenly, God seems so big and much more mysterious. I kinda like that. I'm going to stay here for a while. It's a good place for me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home