Wednesday, July 28, 2004

So, what have I been up to? 
Not much.  Last weekend we tubed the Guadalupe River and had a blast.  This week I have been leading games for our church elementary aged day camp.  This weekend we are going to Houston. 

One surprising thing about this summer is the amount of wakeboarding I have been able to do.  Because I work at a church and my wife works at a church I find that a lot of my activities involve church.  I have very few things in my life that allow me to escape.  One of those is disc golf.  The other is wakeboarding.  I am not very good, but I am just not getting to the point where I can get up and move around.  It's starting to get fun.  I love the water, so being on the lake is about as relaxing as it gets for me, even if I am being pulled all over the place. 

There is something kinda quieting about being all by yourself out on the water.  I find that my mind blocks out the noise of the boat.  Being from California I have always envied those who surfed.  Maybe I enjoy wakeboarding because it is the closest thing to surfing I have ever done.  Maybe I am trying to make wakeboarding into a zen experience for me...into something it's not.  I think God enjoys the thrill and rush I get from the sport.  I think the joy I get from being on the water is a gift from Him and I love enjoying the little gifts from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home