Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Wannabe

I'm tired of being a wannabe. I'm tired of trying to fit myself into the mold of other people's expectations. You know what, I don't have it all figured out. My small groups aren't run all that well. I forget details constantly and I take entirely to long to accomplish anything. I can't remember the last time I helped someone come to Christ. I'm not going to be the next world shaker or big wig. My theology is more messed up now than it was when I came to seminary. My words still get jumbled. I still get jealous. On occasion I take joy in other people's pain. My prayers can seem repetitive and dull. Sometimes, just sometimes, my smile isn't real.

Jesus, I can trust. Jesus, you give me glimpses of greatness. You provide shining glimmers of growth. Hairy and overweight, you love still the same. Hope for a guy like me means hope for anyone.

When I run, faster still you fly.
When I weep, your shoulder soft and dry.
When I laugh, splitting is your side.
When I needed, you chose only to die.
Where I am is always where you reside.

Take my gait, swifter soar
Take my tears, build a store
Take my joy, rays of glory
Take my need, long even more
Take my life, humbly Yours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home