Friday, January 14, 2005

"Eat what they place in front of you"

I was reading Luke 10 the other day. Jesus is giving instructions to his disciples as he sends them out for a time of ministry. He tells them to find the houses that will be accepting and stay with those people. They are to look for God's peace resting on these households. Once they find welcoming houses they are to remian with them, and not to look for a better offer. One statement really hit me, "Eat what they place in front of you." When we find our place we should eat what God has placed in front of us. That is my prayer for the coming months. As some of you may or may not know I am graduating soon. God is leading my wife and I to the next step, we just don't know where or when. When we find it, though, I hope we don't waste time looking for more tasty grub.

What meal has God placed on your plate? Are you eating it or looking for something better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home