Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Unknown Future

Right now my future is uncertain and it consumes my thoughts (unfortunately). As I was reading in my Celtic prayer book I came across a poem about the future. The author suggested that since Christ goes ahead of us in our lives, orchestrating life's circumstances, He is present in our personal (and collective, global future). Therefore, we may not know WHAT is in our future, but we do know WHO is in our future. This comforts me knowing that whatever the circumstances the Father, Son and Spirit are present in my future. I can rest in God's presence today and tomorrow and twenty years from now. So, if your future is uncertain as mine is, know that Christ goes ahead of you in your life and is present in your uncertain future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home