Monday, August 22, 2005

Luau

Last night we had a Luau for the parents in our ministry. It was very casual. The point was to give our parents a chance to hang out with one another. I must say it was a success. We had a full pig smoked and tons of other goodies. I was amazed at how many parents showed up.
What I really loved about the evening was that our ministry was able to be a blessing to our parents. That is really important to me. Our ministry has seen a lot of growth since I have been here. I know that numbers aren't the be all and end all of what true ministry. I want to maintain a focus on quality relationships over worrying about growth or numbers.

As a young guy, I really have a hard time with parents. I love them and appreciate them, but I don't know how to minister to them. Who am I that I can tell them how to live with their kids? Last night was special to me because God showed me that He will work through me to make our ministry a family-friendly environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home