Thursday, September 15, 2005

Truth in Love

So, every night this week, including tonight, I have had some ministry-related happening. Unfortunately, I have also been getting the office at the standard nine-thirty time frame. So, here I am exhausted, but in good spirits. I spent a good two and a half hours chatting with the other youth pastors in the area. No agenda, no event to plan, just hanging out and getting to know one another. I feel blessed to have met these guys because I go away affirmed that we are in this thing together. We don't talk numbers, we talk students and situations. We disagree sometimes (three different church backgrounds: Baptist, Church of Christ, and Bible), but it is all in love and generosity. Why does it seem that my youth ministry cohorts can cooperate very well, but that value doesn't translate as you move of the ministry "chain of command"?

So, how am I? I am feeling the grace of God in my life and I don't want to move from His warm presence. I only pray that I might have the sensitivity to humble myself continually before the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home