Monday, March 15, 2004

Whoo hoo!
Well we got a new (to us) car yesterday. My wife got up early and checked out some internet sites and found two possible vehicles. We went to the first dealership (after getting lost a few times) and much to our chagrin the place was closed and we couldn't even find the particular car we were looking for. So, we headed to our distant second choice...Carmax.

Walking through the door there were about 16 sales people ready and willing to help us. I thought we would be mauled at first but actually it was quite pleasant. Our sales lady came up to us and said, "Hi! My name is Rehab, just like the Bible." I didn't have the heart to tell her that Rahab (not RE-hab) was a prostitute. Although Rahab did act in faith and keep the Israelite spies, so she couldn't have been all that bad.

Rehab took us around for a few minutes until I found the car we saw on the ad (a 1999 Hyundai Elantra). The reason this car wasn't high on our list was because it is a 1999 which is older than we wanted. Despite my misgivings we checked out the car. It looked great, the body and inside were nice, no real signs of even normal wear and tear of a five year old car. The best part is that it only has 48,000 miles on it. That means the previous owner drove it less than 10,000 miles a years. After taking a test drive my wife and I were convinced. So, we purchased it. So, I am now the proud owner of a brand new (to me) car.

I would highly recommend Carmax. Even though you know you are paying a little more than you could get away with, they treat you right. Any problems with the car are taken care of before you leave the lot and you can get an actual, real warranty, which is more than you can get with used cars at another dealership. So, today is a happy day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home