Friday, July 30, 2004

Video Game Heaven
Yesterday, I was listening to the radio and heard that the CyberAthelete Professional League was hosting their world championships in the metroplex. Normally costing $20 just to watch, if you mentioned the radion station you could get in for free.

So, I grabbed some of our middle school guys (the perfect companion on a quest such as this) and headed to Grapevine, TX. Sure enough we got in for free (they even made us laminated badges). What we saw as we walking in the door was Christmas for a male aged 12-28. There were literally thousands of people playing video games. What was cool was the hundreds of displays which allowed us spectators to partake in the madness. One of my favorite games, Medal of Honor, had the new version to play. I was on that box for at least 40 minutes. Most of the games were FPS (first person shooter).

Overall, I was excited that I was able to give my students a cool experience. We certainly stood out in the crowd (being the youngest of the crowd). The best part...it was all free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home