Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Zest Fest 2004

Last Sunday the wifey, MIL and I went to Zest Fest, a hot sauce convention. I must say I was quite impressed. There were sauces, rubs, chili's, salsas, drinks, candies, and even cookies...all with some sort of heat in them. I must say that a Chipotle chocolate chip cookie is not as bad as you would think. All over were wide belted, sweaty Texas with an eye (and GI tract) for heat. They were walking around with boxes in one hand and beers in the other. And the samples, mmmm....the samples. Cheeses, hot wings, sausages, chili, and Margari...I mean soda.

I would say the highlight of the day happened in the men's restroom. OK, so I'm standing in front of the Urinal. Doing my thing. Keeping my face forward. As I turn to leave I notice a man in a giant Chili costume relieving himself four urinals down from me. All I could think was, "I wish I had a camera phone." A giant chili standing at a urinal...just picture it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home