Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I'm one of the Village People

Last night the wifey and I saw The Village. Shyamalan has a well-deserved reputation for making a quality film with an awesome message. The Village did not disappoint me at all. The movie is visually and thematically stunning. Sure there is the surprise twist that we've all come to expect from M. Night, but that didn't detract me from enjoying the flick.

We often expect greatness from great people (in this case, a director) so that it becomes routine to us. I think this explains some of the mixed reviews this movie has received. We get spoiled with greatness. Lance Armstrong is another example of this. The man has won 6 straight Tour De France's, a feat no one has ever done, but we expect Lance to win. So when he does, no big woop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home