Wednesday, September 01, 2004

"My Name in Print"
Today I opened up a weekly update I get from YouthSpecialties and at the bottom this site was the featured blog of the week. YS is an organization that helps tons of youthworkers all over the world. They have ministered to me is so many ways. So, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Oh Crap! People are going to realize I have nothing to say."

I sit here now realizing that it's ok to not be intensely deep or meaningful every day of my life. Frankly, my brain is drained from reading books I don't want to read for school and writing Bible studies. A lot of my creativity and meanderings aren't always on the pages of this blog. Hopefully they are in the interactions with my family, friends and the students I work with. To be quite honest, my deepest thoughts exist in live conversations with others. I don't even think them, I just say them. Because I think out loud it is hard for me to write my thoughts down.

Come to think about it, why do I care that some random person may come by the site and deem it "lame"? A blog isn't about impressing others. It's about me being me. It's about me being able to let friends who are living in far off places (like Vancouver and Garden Grove) know how I am doing. If I don't have anything to say, why force it. So, sorry to all you youth workers. You probably won't find a whole lot to help you in your ministry. You probably won't even find very much about ministry at all. You will, however find the deep, the shallow and the mundane. And mixed around with those things you will find me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home