Friday, August 06, 2004

The Uke of Love
A few months ago I procured a Ukulele (An Ukulele???). Being a lover of all things Hawaiian I thought it would add to my music playing enjoyment. Once I figured out that the tuning was similar to a guitar I picked up on it quickly. So far I have enjoyed the soothing sounds of the mellow Uke. What I've really come to love is unepected benefit to having this instrument. My wife has for a long time wanted to learn the guitar. Learning has been hard for her due to her smallish hands and less than calloused fingers. The Uke is a great fit for her. The neck is small and the strings are easier to hold down.

Thus, my wife and I have been playing music together, mostly at night before we go to bed. I have enjoyed having another hobby together. I must say she is a fast learner. She can already smoothly transition between most of the major and minor chords.

I find that I love my wife for the harmonies we make, both on and off string instruments. I love you honey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home