Monday, August 09, 2004

Turning the Corner
So, here it is. This August marks the beginning of my sixth year of youth ministry. As a middle school pastor I have noticed a few things about the seasons of ministry. One of them involves middle school boys. I've found that when you start working with a group of incoming sixth graders the first year is tough. They don't talk very much and they pay attention even less. The same is true for the beginning of their seventh grade year. Towards the end of their seventh grade year you realy see their personality come out and it's a wonderful to watch. Conversations with seventh graders is still like pulling teeth, but they are much funnier to watch. Then the eight grade year rolls around. By then, you have been with them for three years and they are starting to mature (a little!). Now, they are making me laugh so hard I wet my pants sometimes. I find that working with a group of eighth grade boys is my favorite aspect of ministry. They are hilariously funny and they are starting to explore their faith more.

I look forward to this year! I know God has some great things in store for the students in our group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home