Monday, November 07, 2005

F-Bomb
The past few Sundays we have been talking about addictions in our Sunday morning meeting. Yesterday, we were talking about cutting and we used the song "Last Resort" by Papa Roach. It's a powerful song about the darkness someone feels that drives them to cut themselves. I had gone through and edited the 'questionable' words from the song so it would

be 'safe' to play for our group. We started listening to the song, but instead of muting the expletive it was loud and clear. Amid 'ghasts' and 'ooohs' we stopped the song. After a little debate, I decided to continue playing the song while manually muting it when F--- (the mother of all curse words) appeared.

I alerted the authorities (elders and pastor) who were quite cool about it. It is a funny story though and I am quite embarassed about the situation. I do wonder however how many students caught only the controversy of a single curse word uttered in church, while missing the message of the pain of someone who cuts themselves. So, for now I have narrowly escaped losing my job...For Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home