Friday, October 21, 2005

As I sit here, preparations are being finalized for our retreat. Since this is a year of "firsts" for me as a head youth pastor, this is my first retreat. I have taken part in many, many retreats and have even been in on the planning of a couple self-run retreats, but this is the first time everything is on my head. There are details to be covered and lessons to be planned. It has been apparent that I have had a feeling of dread travelling around my body, so much so that my wife reminded me that our students are going to pick up on that dread.

I am looking forward to the weekend the time with students. I am mostly worried that the weekend will be a tremendous flop or worse something really horrible will happen or really worse that spiritual growth won't happen.

Part of the problem is I feel like I am missing something, though I am not. So maybe my dread comes from the stress of being prepared, but not feeling prepared. Oh well.

We're talking about being honest and genuine with one another so I hope that God shakes these students from their coocoons. People today are much more open in their blogs than they are face to face. Life transformation can't happen unless are willing to risk ourselves. So, if you are reading this, please join with us and pray for our students this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home