Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving and Such

We had a great thankgiving with the Fam-in-Law. I caught 2 delicious bass and ate a ton of stuffing. I got it in me to wake up really early on Friday to hit the crowds at Best Buy. I did get a good deal on a computer for our youth groups sound room, but it was amazing how crowded it was. I ended up waiting about an hour and 45 minutes just to check out. I don't think I will ever do it again, props to all you ladies who brave the stores every year. What was amazing to me was the number of people who got to the store that early just to save a few bucks on DVDs. Totally not worth it. I realize more than ever how much we are a slave to "stuff". We, as a nation, have a ton of stuff already, yet can't seem to resist getting more stuff and getting a deal for it. The whole experience reminded me of a line from a book/play "We keep buying new things because they make us feel new and reborn, yet we quickly realize that it never lasts." Just promise me that you won't buy into that lie during this holiday shop-a-holiday. Chances are I probably already have (sadly).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home